Saturday, September 11, 2010

New Blog!!

I'm new to the blog world so I'm not really sure what to write, but soon I'm going to start to add some of my 6 word stories that I used to sum up chapters from the book The Princess Bride by William Goldman.


I had to read Princess Bride as a summer reading book and I had already seen the movie, which I hate, so I was a little unhappy upon learning that I would have to read the book. Surprisingly though, I actually enjoyed it. It wasn't my favorite book I have ever read, but it definitely wasn't the worst either.


The title of my blog actually came about because I was sending one of my 6 word stories to my awesome english tutor, Chantal, who convinced me to start this blog. I was typing a direct quote from the book when Princess Buttercup says, "Don't EXPECT too much from life" but I accidentally typed, "Don't EXCEPT too much from life" which I only realized once Chantal pointed it out to me. I thought it was funny how this little typo had completely changed the sentence so we decided that was what I should title my blog.


So I hope that if anyone actually reads this blog that they will enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment